"A Drive To Wish For" Charity Cart Class
In support of Make-A-Wish® Wisconsin!
Throughout years of showing Clydesdales, exhibitors have been fortunate enough to touch the lives of so many through the awesomeness of our gentle giants. The 2018 World Clydesdale Show (WCS) is a perfect time for our community to come together at an even higher level, and perform an act of kindness that will impact the lives of children facing life threatening medical conditions.
The Make-A-Wish Clydesdale Charity Cart Class continues a WCS tradition. At the 2015 WCS, “A Drive to Wish For” was a huge success with an overwhelming 45 entries. The combination of entries and fundraising raised over $20,000 in donations!
Peyton is nine years old and is living with Cystic Fibrosis. She loves eating chicken wings and chocolate. Peyton has three dogs, and her favorite subject is math. She also loves horses, so it is no surprise that her most cherished wish was to go to the Calgary Stampede. Through the support of the 2015 WCS and the entire Draft Horse community, Peyton's wish was granted.
In 2018, we hope to build on this success at the WCS through our Clydesdale and Draft Horse community and the power of our gentle giants.
Here's how the 2018 Make-A-Wish Clydesdale Charity Cart Class will work:
- Exhibitors willing to participate in the fundraising Clydesdale Cart Class will pay an ENTRY FEE of $100.00; all proceeds are in support of Make-A-Wish Wisconsin.
- Both youth and adults are welcome to enter the class. Each exhibitor will decorate their Clydesdale, cart and themselves in blue and yellow.
- Kristen Hastings of Five Star Decorations has generously made decorations for the event. Exhibitors can purchase one mane roll, five mane flowers, one foretop ribbon, and one tail bow from for $37.00 ... all of which will be donated to Make-A-Wish Wisconsin.
- Exhibitors will be judged based on the best presented entry.
Everyone can help support this event
We welcome everyone to take part in this special event through one of two ways:
- Participate in “A Drive to Wish For” Charity Cart Class at the 2018 Clydesdale World Show.
- Direct donations to the Make-A-Wish Wisconsin World Clydesdale Show initiative are always appreciated. To do so, click here.
We all have the power to help make a child’s wish come true, and look forward to doing so at the 2018 WCS in Madison!
Special thanks to Kim Behn for her work behind the scenes in making this special event a reality!