It took hundreds upon hundreds of hours of expert craftsmanship, but the 2018 World Clydesdale Show (WCS) promotional hitch wagon is complete - and ready for an owner!
Here are some cool facts about the wagon, straight from wagon maker JW Schut:
- It is cream colored as a lot of wagons "back in the day" were (notably the Rolland Ruby collection, which was historically one of the premiere hitches around and, ironically, based just 75 miles from Madison, WI) .
- The number on the front (1879) is the year the Clydesdale Breeders of the U.S.A. was founded.
- The slogan on the front board (Clydesdale: Best Known Draft Breed in America) was inspired by a display Jake Schut saw at the Kentucky Horse Park.
- The gear is an original Koning and Luhrs out of Quincy, IL (known as once dominant wagon builders in Illinois & Kansas City, MO).
- The straight neck is the same as many historical wagons.
- The color theme is intended to be patriotic, representing the U.S.A.
- The sponsors, Greenwood Farms LLC & Irish Thunder Clydesdales, are represented with promotional logos on the wagon and have world titles off of JW Schut wagons of their own.
So how do you win this beauty? Well, to put it simply, if you want to WIN, you've got to have a PIN!
Click here for details and purchase your commemorative 2018 WCS pin today!